Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Power of ME


Ok, so I admit that I am SLIGHTLY... um... silly... bizzare... creative... ORNERY. Yep, that's the word! I give lots of kids tours at the library, and I always find it important to let kids know people's names and practice what we should say when we need help and and blah blah blah.

Sometimes we even tour the bookmobile. After all, who doesn't think a traveling library is just... like...the coolest? We also practice saying HI to Mr. Eric our bookmobile driver. hehehe No, I'm serious. We smile big, do a half circle wave and say HI MR. ERIC in a bubbly voice. After all, Mr. Eric doesn't get to give tours, but we need to show our love.... Right?

So a few weeks ago, I gave a tour to a fairly large group of homeschoolers... and for some reason, they kept giggling... the whole tour. I did check and there was no broccoli stuck in my teeth. Several parents told me later that their kids think it's HILARIOUS that I say "friends" and "silly geese." Hey, we've all got our quirks.

ANYWAY, a mom came up last week and said that her kids practiced ALL DAY and giggled through dinner one night at just the thought of going on the bookmobile and saying "HI MR. ERIC!!!!" And do you know what? They did it!

Eric's response

Chriss put you up to this, didn't she?


 ** snicker**


Well, we couldn't just leave it right there, could we? Nope. They've been given a new mission for the next bookmobile excursion. I think I happened to mention his love of dancing....
 
Oh, and today.... I was told that Angela is my minion.

Oh, the Power of Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
I'm silly, and I like to randomly break out into song and dance. That's all you need to know. **grin**

Followers

 

Silly Song Sing Alongs : Life in a Children's Library Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez